Monday, February 12, 2007

Fractal art by Keith Mackay

Many knows about simple IFS fractal that depicts fern leaf. It shows the complexity of simple forms. The large fern consists of a number of similar ferns smaller size and so on.

Maybe, this simple image of fern shows us secrets of nature. Trees, leafs, corals and other objects can be depicted using IFS fractals. So we can create our own world where all things will be fractals of various forms.

Some artists creates realistic images using fractals. One of them is Keith Mackay. He creates landscapes, underwater spaces and creatures. It's incredible that some images looks amazingly realistic. His birds and fishes looks artificially from near only where solid image brakes apart into separate fractals.

3 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Fascinating images. I'm relatively new to fractals and this is the first time I've seen art like this. Great!

Keith said...

I'm glad that you like my images, but it would have been nice to know that you were putting them here. It's not a problem. I just like to know where my stuff is. Thanks

vlad.alexeev said...

In my turn, I'm glad to find such wonderful fractal images. I was surprised that very realistic images were created with help of fractals.